Sunday, July 19, 2009

Patience - All we need is just a little

On a scale of 1 -10, I would consider myself score maybe 8, if you ask me how patient I am. Maybe bordering on to 9 if you take the subset of the Indian population. Thankfully,over the past 3 decades I have learnt to control my once fiery temper and fidgety mind to what I would now label serene, calm, somewhat still-irritable-but-stable and a little laid back.

However certain things in life, however silly they may sound, still do tick me off like-

1. Mosquitoes (especially those which start buzzing after u turned off the lights)

2. Child labour and unwarranted beating of children

3. Indians never able to queue for anything

4. Auto drivers cramping the roads trying to overtake other vehicles when it least matters

5. People lighting a cigarette in my house without taking prior permission

6. The sight of all Indian passengers rising up from their seats as soon as the plane touch down ( is it too much for them to comprehend that we all will be waiting together for luggage to arrive anyway)

7. Cruelty to animals

8. Those who treat the whole world as a big dustbin

9. The ever increasing cost of chicken biryani (or the shrinking serving portion)

10. People who think that elevator buttons have a “hurry” sensor which responds to excessive and rapid pressing

Hey I’m not that gloomy or “recess”-ed. Many things do make me happy as I have already posted and will do again. Til then, happy thanksgiving!

17 comments:

Aduhi Chawngthu said...

I swing from uber patient to extremely irritable, but one thing that really brings down my patience is impatient people. Ironic, isnt it?

OpaHmar said...

@aduhi - u took the words right from my cat-gotten tongue. Impatient people do test my patience. I feel like screaming at them
"Why cant u be as patient as me?"
Exactly what I had in mind while i was writing this up

chhanhima ...durtlang presbyterian said...

keichu sap tawngin ka comment ve thiamlo...saptawng tuition lak that leh ka ngai...

thlawhna tuma vai tho suau...a dik..mahse mizo pawh hian kan ching ve tan tlat in ka hria...

OpaHmar said...

@chhanhima - nangmah hrim2 hi durtlang presbyterian chu i lo ni maw?
Aw keini Mizo te chu min hmuaktu an hmelthra bik a lawm, chhuk thuai2 hi a chakawm thin alawm!
tak2 a nia, an tho suau hnu hian thlawhna hi tlan leh thut se, han tlu deuh rem rum se ka ti...pilot ka la tham ang

Malsawmi Jacob said...

Your peeve list mosly agrees with mine,excepting no 6. In Mumbai, we get up long before the bus or train reaches the stop for fear of losing a few minutes and getting late.

Mimihrahsel said...

Vawinah vaimim rawh ka ei a, dustbin ka hmu mai si lova, ka hnungah ka paih tawp a. A hnuah kan piah lawkah dustbin ka hmu leh sia, ka thu deuh vang2 a, ka inthiam thei thlawt lova, ka zuk chhar a, ka va paih leh. I post point 8 hi ka hrechhuak zawk.hehe

opahmar said...

@mesjay - pet peeves indeed! Places like Mumbai, I do agree u have to be advanced....on a plane - no excuse, like a said, the devil inside me wud wish for the plane to give a jolt knocking all the early risers down

@mimi - civic sense - Fail! re-exam - Pass! seriously, nowadays I wud not litter the railway tracks anymore. I wud keep all my wastes in a plastic bag and dispose it at the next stop....few passengers would be giving me bewildered looks as i carefully packed my leftovers in a plastic bag and kept in in one corner

Mizohican said...

Yeah me too. I will never understand why our fellow countrymen RUSH to the door as soon as the flight lands!!! lolz.

And... Mimihrahsel in ti khi in lak fel a tum chiang khawp mai a comment danah khian. Natinge mark rawn tih thrat em em a tum le?

OpaHmar said...

@illusionaire-ni Mimihrahsel khi maw i hmelhriat a ni mial lo maw?lo zawng chhuak teh, ka haw hunah ka han tlawh duh, a thiltih hi a ropui em mai

Anonymous said...

"People who think that elevator buttons have a “hurry” sensor which responds to excessive and rapid pressing.." I feel you, man.
"People who simply HAVE to take the elevator from the ground floor to the first when there are others going to the top floor, even though the stairs are located next to it" comes under the same category.
And people who treat public property like a huge garbage dump, yet would fervently expect you to remove footwear inside their house/shops.. I have a long list too, mostly because I would rate myself 2.5 on your Patient-ometer. :D

dr_feelgood said...

Vai ho kan tluk lohna nia ka hriat chu,Rel nghahna ah hian ani. An delay rei deuh paw'n anni chu platform ah an gamcha an phah a,an mu hmiah zel. Keini chu ka vak sawn seka, kan zunga, eitur kan dap ruai zel.

Admin said...

OPa,
Mr Vellore tunkum i SPANDAN dawn em? Ka awm tawh si lo a nuam i ti dawn a mi? Tlangval nih manah vawikhat chu va kal leh hram rawh. Microscope tlansanna chance tha. Dam e
hi
Dr khumchikthei

OpaHmar said...

@khumchikthei - e MrZipmer_chawnpuarliana, va ngaihawm ve, banana bhaji ei ho pawh a chakawm ve, stage aguitar vuak chhiat tum uuk a, ngam leh loh te!
Nia kal maithei, mahse kalpui tur a zir a niang chu...Dr Skin & Bones chu a khal thra raap an ti

Blind Dayze said...

Mosquitoes... and yes the ones that attack only when the lights are off!!!.... According to one missionary the mosquitoes in Silchar are extra intelligent..and persistent.. Thosilen zar pon an ke an ron la rawlh lut hram thrin tia lom :-) ...

OpaHmar said...

@Blind Dayze - yea but nothing can beat these godzilla mosquitoes in Vellore, they can bite thru jeans...ouch

Lal Jo-a said...

Mosquitoesss..... they're just useless!!

duhsaka said...

Ka zin hnem ve hle tawh a, vaiho hian Q min kal khalh loh trum hi ka la tawng miah lo nia