Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Files from my diary - 23rd March,2009

...and so passed another so seemingly insignificant and uneventful day....would be my first opinion and that shared by thousands around the globe...had anyone asked me my day was!

Yes it was boring, routine and uneventful...but each day has, as the good book says, enough bad for its own to which I liberally add, interest and learning points, if we learn to read between the lines OR just stop and listen

And ah yes, I'm merely trying to remember what those are.....he he
For a start, did I remember to give thanks before each meal? And I was feeling particularly thirsty tho' i wasn't a hot (by Vellore standard) day....and I read in the paper about shortage of drinking water everywhere in the world, and considered how lucky I was to have access to cool drinking water 24/7...one minute...gulp..gulp...aaah

A friend of mine at work was struggling with a disposable needle designed for a fingerprick blood sample for glucometer ( to check the sugar level)...apparently it was a model which she wasn't familiar with and sought the help of yours truly, who looked more mechanically inclined (cos of my Y-gene). It was then that I remembered she is diabetic; of course, I had known about it before but she has always been cheerful and positive in life that it didn't strike me at til then.
After my expert demonstration of how the springloaded device should be triggered, I had a chance to be grateful once again for all the things which we otherwise would have taken for granted...like being able to eat bread smeared with nestle milkmaid...mmmm...yumm(admit it guys, probably guilty pleasure snack for many of u tough guys out there)

You see, if only we stop to smell the roses, life would be more colourful and more pleasant...as my boss asked about my weekend to which I replied that I slept well, and she calmly commented "It's a gift of youth"...really??pondered I (Psalms 127:2)

Again you see....never mind ..time to hit the gym

5 comments:

nish said...

Am not entirely sure if this little girl's act of charity to u(refer attached photo)...was entirely spontaneous. Knowing u, I'm inclined to suspect foul-play!!

OpaHmar said...

@nish - it's about being able to eat an ice cream contently and being thankful everyday for the little thing we so often take for granted...whew i think i'm repeating myself

Unknown said...

that is such a cute and lovely picture.... cho chweet

Unknown said...

i want ice cream too !!

Calliopia said...

Yeah yeah yeah, be grateful for daily blessings. Who's the little girl you're trying to steal the ice cream from?