Sunday, April 12, 2009

Drive/flash/usb??

I remember when I first came across "usb's" and "pendrives" or thumbdrives/flashdrive etc etc
It was maybe in 2000 when i was traveling to vellore via Kolkata where i often put up with one of my many friends there then, most of them doing computer studies.
Some of their conversations, actually most of their lingua franca sounds greek to me.
"Rema's computer has an usb port!", one guy would exclaimed in appreciation.
"Mama has a 128mb pendrive", boasted another.
(yea....chuckle chuckle!! NOW)
That was wayyyyy back when I barely know computers and all I could manage was to send emails and later use Aizawlchat(oo yea).


While sweeping my room on a lazy hot Sunday morning, I came across a Trancend pendrive cap. And a fiendish smile ran across my face (actually it was just a thought I think!!duh), cos I was thinking which of my many friends who come to my room to get movies would be the unfortunate loser of the much coveted cap. And i thought to myself, further, how many unfortunate souls are out there without a cap for their virus carriers......and I continued sweeping(evil laughter...hehehehehe)

11 comments:

Mizohican said...

hehe my first computer hard disk was 2GB and all my friends came over to check out the gigantic storage size! lolz. My friend OPa (chanmari) even exclaimed in surprised, "2GB??? Who needs that much of space anyway?? I think its a waste."

LOLzzzzzz!!!

diary said...

Big isn't everything. I bought a 32GB pendrive and it didn't exactly work like a charm, infact, it didn't work at all :P

Mizohican said...

yes, see? Size doesn't matter. Even "experts" like dear diary is admitting it, so its not just a myth. Finally, there is hope for you! :-)

OpaHmar said...

..as so continues the eternal debate!
@diary- any pendrive with >8gb capacity, I'm quite suspicious
What do u need one for except transferring movies (mostly 700mbs, thanks to torrents)

@illusionaire- A comp with 2GB - you must have really boasted about ur size back then

diary said...

Yep..size doesn't matter Kim, or should I say..size matters, but only when IT WOrks! :D

@OP I thought I'd have a whole library of movies :(

Unknown said...

a 2gb pendrive now costs Rs.350/- in aizawl. hmun dangah phei chuan tlawm leh jual ang mawle !!!

OpaHmar said...

Hard drive always the best and most reliable
You know, pendrives are called prostitutes amongst students...cos...they go into all sorta umm holes and pass viruses around

lalG said...

are you talkin about pendrives or sex? cos i can't understand..is this blog a metaphor for something else? should i analyze evry line with a magnifying glass?
and by 2gb, do u mean u have a ...size .... or
by sweeping u mean, wat?
just fooling around..i cant sleep..

Mizohican said...

Haha... so thats the kinda stuff in your head when you can't sleep? Nice! :-P

lalG said...

@illusionaire,
i think of a lot of stuff when i cant sleep including you and your hard dicks..oops sorry spelling mistake..i mean hard discs..
hey, lets not abuse this blog space! (evil grin)
very naughty illusionaire very naughty..tsk tsk...

OpaHmar said...

@illusionaire & lalG - get a room