Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Somebody got hurt real bad

"Although the procedure is relatively painless when done properly" - Wikipedia

LIAR LIAR

Mine was done properly, at least that was what I was told to believe
And after the second setting , it hurts so much that i had to take a day off, thus i'm writing about it
And its really embarrassing for a grown man to call in sick with a toothache...there goes my macho image

A root canal treatment (RCT or simply a root canal) is one of the most dreaded and feared medical procedure which we come across day to day. It has even prompted the modern man to say in response to an unpleasant proposal, "I'd rather have a root canal", not helping its popularity.

An RCT is done in multiple settings as depicted; mine is on pic3 and probably two more sittings required, hopefully not as painful as the previous two. And no, the procedure itself is almost painless, thanks to local anaesthesia. But the evening after.......beware!

I was told, on re-consultation that in some cases (not many), the aftermath can be quite like, umm quite like mine....lucky me!
A steady diet of painkillers afford me few hours of sleep, and a shot (as in injection) the next morning lessened the torment, and now I'm waiting for my 3rd sitting in two days which will hopefully end up less debilitating.

And if anyone asks me whether I would undergo an RCT again in future, if needed, my response is...."I'd rather have a root canal"

8 comments:

Mimihrahsel said...

ouch! i know exactly how it feels.. had gone thru this when i was studying 11th or 12th, Dr.Sunil from lower chanmari! i still hate his name! if i ever see him again.. "some body's gonna getta hurt reaaall badd!!

Mizohican said...

I need to get my tooth extracted too :(

Chuanin ka chunga mi hi ka nau mimi-i a ni em aw? In ni a mi?

Mimihrahsel said...

@illusionaire..LOL..ka'n nui phot...hihihi, yes its me ur sis.

op.. this is Kima, my talkative, undertstanding, down to earth brother:)

and kima, this is op.. my bugging, funny, multi talented friend :D BTW, its his bday today.. and he started it off with a great dream:)which he hesitated to share..till now..

Mizohican said...

lolz. ok ok.

Happy Birthday, you Southie :-)

enna panra dai? enjoying aaaa? figure pakra? nalla figure aaa? kai adikara... :D

@ mimi: And when are you going to start blogging instead of just creating a profile? :) You have the talent, sis.

OpaHmar said...

looks like i started a squabble here
AAma inniki suuperaa fantastic too good tooo good
Rombo nandri
Ippo thuukam vare ...goodnyt ppl

Mizohican said...

Ka thianpa birthday cake a tui hmel lutuk pawh kha:

"Sexy birthday cake da, machi!" an ti.

Gnite ve ve u. Ka haw dawn.

Hriatpuia Pa said...

'Some body's gonna getta hurt real bad! - ka hmuh khan, Russell Peters-a thu leh hla lam i kai kawi dawn emaw ka ti a!

OpaHmar said...

@illusionaire - cricket ah pawh....sexy line and length...sexy shot....i think it goes with the urban youth trying to copy the americans..again colonial hangover

@Zaia - mi thawwh chhuah sa catch phrase hman hi a nuam ve a