Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Day Before Tomorrow

It rained again today, bringing a much needed respite from the sweltering summer heat. And there was a spectacle in the form of a rainbow, tho a short and faint one as opposed to the ones we used to see back home.

And oh there was a battle for supremacy amongst the elements - the unforgiving sun and the relentless rain (called ni leh ruah indo in my language) - with the latter winning by a good margin. I didnt mind getting wet on my way back from work tho I was wary of my cell phone in my pocket. And there was a brief hailstorm (rather shower of hailstones) a couple of days back. Vellore's weather is becoming less predictible than ever.

10 comments:

Mizohican said...

Tu emawni te te aiin ka comment hmasa tlats! The end is nigh!!!!

Rita Zoye said...

nice thoughts... sentimental Guy (I b'lif)

OpaHmar said...

@illusionaire - congrats MrSandman minstrels shall sing songs about this great achievemant of urs
@Rita Zoye - i wrote this soaking wet to my undies

Aduhi Chawngthu said...

How I wished it would rain over here in Hyderabad. It's been a long hot summer so far, we could really use a couple of heavenly showers.

OpaHmar said...

@aduhi - hyd chu a sizzle leh tawh lo maw?45+ em? january ah pawh lum ka ti?
keini chu vawiin poh a sur leh tawh

Anonymous said...

i just want to post how i feel about my situation in Hyderabad in the form of a song by Blind Melon "No rain"
"And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no rain
And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape"

can you believe it? we are dripping of sweat literally. its not sexy, i know. weather sucks big time..
why o why are the weather gods playing a sick sticky joke on us and not on Ophmar's lovely Vellore?
what sacrifice did you make to placate the gods?

OpaHmar said...

@gkhiangte - a few human sacrifices last week (3 to be precise), and a 2hour rain dance marathon seem to do the trick
Yea remembered that song, an vocalist kha a mit a del tiraw?

Anonymous said...

Oh.. What I wouldn't do for a ruahpui-van-awn, a light drizzle or at least a cloudy day!
No clouds did paint my sky today, and I fear the worst tomorrow-day. hehe..
Glad at least someone is getting some, cos' we're not gettin' any for a loong time. We're in for another month of hot, humid, sweat-inducing, temper-escalating, electric bill-increasing, disease-inflicting, stink-emanating and brain-scorching heat!! Oh well...

Anonymous said...

BTW.. Good you enabled the anon. comment.

OpaHmar said...

@blackestred - thanks for the head up...didnt even know there was such restriction

Indian summer - we'll place them in the hottest place in the world(Russel Peters)